Thursday, February 5, 2015

Building Fluency...with a tablet


 
A couple weeks ago, I added a new station that my kiddos are still VERY eager to use daily! Thanks to a donation, we have a new tablet to help with our fluency. After students have practiced a poem, a set of sentences, a word list, or even a book several times, they can record themselves reading. Once they are finished, they get to listen to themselves. It is pretty powerful!! Sometimes they are a little hard on themselves, but for others it is an eye opener. They think they are reading smoothly with expression until they hear it for themselves!
 
We also have a book app downloaded, so students can listen to stories. It's sad, but some students are not read to at home and this is a way they can hear what fluent reading sounds like!
 
Having this station in my room, has helped several of my students in a way I didn't think was possible...they ask if they can take extra things home to practice reading so they can record themselves! WOW!!!
 
We have been working with identifying coins and a few of my kiddos are confusing the nickel and dime and their values. I made some flashcards and have added them to my TpT store as a freebie! Click the picture below to link to my store and download them!!  ENJOY =)
 
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Coin-Flashcards-1689862
 

No comments:

Post a Comment