Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Pocket Charts

One of the things I love most about teaching first grade is letting students explore, learn, and practice through centers or stations. Having enough space is always an issue to overcome. I LOVE pocket charts! They can be used so many ways. I have mine throughout my classroom, tucked away until I need them. This makes them VERY handy! I also like them because I can see how a student is completing the activity from anywhere in my room, especially during guided reading time. I don't have to stop my group to see how a child is doing. If I see a child is struggling or completed something incorrectly, I jot a note and touch base with the child later and help them.
 
When station time is over for the day, we roll them back up and tuck them away until we need them the next day! Very convenient!
 
 
 


 



 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment