Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Learning Projects!

Sadly, our plant unit came to an end. The class did an excellent job creating learning projects to show their creativity and new information they learned. In my class, I like for my students to present their learning to others as a final step. If they can turn around and teach others something they have learned, I feel they truly have a firm grasp on their learning! One of my favorite learning projects this unit was a "learning vest". This can be used with any topic! On the vest, the kiddos show what they have learned. In the picture below, one of my students chose to show everything he knew about roots. He labeled a plant to show where the roots are, and he searched on the Internet to find really cool root pictures. He had a volunteer wear his vest as he explained to a group of others. It was REALLY NEAT to watch!

I also had 3 of my students create a commercial for their "plant store". They had to survey their classmates and find out the type of plants they would like to buy at the store. They then created a store name and practiced making a commercial to invite others to come to their store and buy plants. This was neat to listen to but if they saw me watching them, they would giggle so much that they couldn't finish the commercial, so I pretended I didn't know what they were doing!!
 
 
Next,  our classroom is going to turn a "little spooky" just in time for Halloween! Check back later this week to see what we learned!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment