Friday, October 31, 2014

Baskets for Centers

I like to have many centers going on in my room all the time. I like for my students to freely move in the room, choosing which centers they want to practice. One thing I don't like is clutter in the room. This year, I am using these plastic baskets (found at Wal-Mart). My husband made the lids to fit so they won't slip off and they are strong enough for students and adults to sit on.
 
Everything is inside the basket that the students need to complete that station. Some students like to sit on the basket and others like to sit on the floor and use the basket and lid as a table. When they are finished, they put the supplies back in the basket, put the lid on and move on to another station. At the end of the day, my room is neat and the stations are ready for the next day!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment